Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Please insert you opinions
I did a little cleaning og the proposal, but i changed no concepts. I will discuss concepts here until be agree on them
- To clean up and organize the proposal perhaps we should have the definitions, examples, and naming conventions all in the same paragraph. i.e. objects, portals, guides, howtos.....
Small to Moderate ChangesEdit
- We should just stick with the word Portal, and not use mini-portal or sub-portal etc.....
- Objects should just be Wikipedia pages left on Wikipedia. maintaining, copys or summeries, would be a major problem. Alternatively we could doone of two things.
- Once we are a really official projects, we could put links on the Wikipedia pages to the wikihowto portals. In a section Howto's and Guides or something like that.
- We could implement a script or function that would be on wikihowto. objects would be on wikihowto. the would grab the text on Wikipedia and display it with our header and footer. I couldn't find anything on Wikipedia help, that could do this though.
- I added a diagram to the proposal and cleaned up some words. ZyMOS 05:18, 31 January 2006 (UTC)
Ideas agreed opon and mergedEdit
- HowTos should have a standared format or at least a suggested format. It will make the site more uniform and easier for people to read. I like the idea of guide being free form so people can use their own writing styles but howto's are simpler and i think it be better to have a simple outline. Look at wikihowto/install gentoo emerge I think this is a good format but its open for changes. A Simple HowTo Formate Wikihowto/format simple