Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Protect the environment by living green lifestyle. Here is a list of ways to do it
- 1. Turn off the water while you brush your teeth.
- 2. Put a brick in your toilet's tank.
- 3. Shorten showers by 3 minutes or more. (Use an egg timer to help keep track of time.)
- 4. Turn your air conditioning two degrees up in the summer, and lower your thermostat two degrees in the winter.
- 5. Use a push mower instead of a riding mower.
- 7. Take a canvas bag when you go to any store, not just the grocery.
- 8. Use silverware instead of disposable eating utensils.
- 9. If you are printing a long document, save paper by printing on both sides of the paper.
- 10.Recycle! Glass, metal, plastic, paper, the possibilities are endless.
- 11.Use old rags or sponges to clean up messes instead of paper towels.
- 12.Use old t-shirts to make rags.
- 13.Buy organic clothes. There are jeans, t-shirts, and other items available by Arizona and WWF available at JCPenney.
- 14.For the gals, buy organic beauty products. Physician's Formula has a good all-natural line out. Use less hair spray and more hair gel.
- 15.Buy a hybrid car. They do cost a lot, but they save you money and reduce CO2 levels in the air.
- 16.Do not grow a superiority complex. People see this and assume all green people are annoying 'Holier than Thou' people which turns them off being green.
- 17.Plant a tree. Again, it reduces CO2 levels and adds oxygen, even if you plant just one. :-)
- 18.Eat less meat! Going vegetarian reduces your carbon footprint by 1.5 tons a year.
- 19.In the Winter, wear a sweater inside instead of turning up the heat, in the Summer, open the windows to let hot air out and cool in, instead of using air conditioner.
- 20.Give harmful chemicals, such as cleaning products, to neighbors who will use it instead of dumping it down the drain.
- 21.Don't litter! Don't dump anything down sewer drains, in any body of water, or on the ground.
- 22.Don't keep the gas on, and turn it off often, turn the lights off, every time you leave a room.
- 23.Buy the exact amount of what you need, not too little, not too much. Give leftovers to other people you know.
- 24.Buy energy efficient light bulb, costly but helpful. Think about the polar bears and rain forest and nonrenewable resources!!!