Hey there. Here's a tutorial for how to turn your manga into professional-looking artwork, without having to worry about inks and paints. All on Photoshop.
- How to draw Anime Girls
- More coming soon :D
Materials and Programs neededEdit
To get the best results, you need to know whether you are better at drawing up a hard copy, or going straight to Photoshop. Although anyone can draw anime with a pen, a pencil or anything. The best tools you can use are the following:
To create the hard copyEdit
- Pencil(s), preferably a 2B... or at least HB pencil. You have to sketch the outline first up.
- Eraser. No desctription needed. You will make mistakes. I do every five seconds when i draw... it doesn't matter how many mistakes you make. You will also need to completely erase the first sketch after inking.
- Inks. I use Faber-Castell 8 PITT artist pens, but you can of course use similar variations. Once your happy with the outline you retrace the outlines with black ink. (Black 199***) Use the S size, always, unless you prefer thicker lines.
- Music..... no im just kidding. You don't have to... but it does help. Just be wary you have to have a lot of music, i find myself going through entire albums before Ive even gotten my inks out.
Transferring the hard copy to your computerEdit
- Cameras, scanners, and etc. I use an Olympus camera... its much faster than scanning. (Just be wary you have to be good at taking photos... blur is extremley annoying when trying to Photoshop)
Colouring on a computer.EditYou CAN completley draw your picture with computer programs, but it takes a lot of practice.
- Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended Edition... or some other version of Photoshop. It is ESSENTIAL in making your anime look cool.