- Unix Domain Sockets
- Option: UNIX
- Kernel Versions: 18.104.22.168 ...
- (on/off/module) Unix domain sockets
- If you say Y here, you will include support for Unix domain sockets; sockets are the standard Unix mechanism for establishing and accessing network connections. Many commonly used programs such as the X Window system and syslog use these sockets even if your machine is not connected to any network. Unless you are working on an embedded system or something similar, you therefore definitely want to say Y here.
- To compile this driver as a module, choose M here: the module will be called unix. Note that several important services won't work correctly if you say M here and then neglect to load the module.
- Say Y unless you know what you are doing.
Linux Kernel Configuration