- Network configuration
- Option: Networking support
- Kernel Versions: 184.108.40.206 ...
- Variable name: NET
- (on/off) '
- Unless you really know what you are doing, you should say Y here. The reason is that some programs need kernel networking support even when running on a stand-alone machine that isn't connected to any other computer. If you are upgrading from an older kernel, you should consider updating your networking tools too because changes in the kernel and the tools often go hand in hand. The tools are contained in the package net-tools, the location and version number of which are given in <file:Documentation/Changes>.
- For a general introduction to Linux networking, it is highly recommended to read the NET-HOWTO, available from <http://www.tldp.org/docs.html#howto>.
- Option: Networking options --->
- Option: Amateur Radio support --->
- data link layer protocol derived from the X.25 protocol
- Option: Bluetooth subsystem support --->
- Option: Generic IEEE 802.11 Networking Stack networking stack
Linux Kernel Configuration