Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Option: "Enable the block layer"
- default y
- This permits the block layer to be removed from the kernel if it's not needed (on some embedded devices for example). If this option is disabled, then blockdev files will become unusable and some filesystems (such as ext3) will become unavailable. This option will also disable SCSI character devices and USB storage since they make use of various block layer definitions and facilities.
- Say Y here unless you know you really don't want to mount disks and suchlike.
- default y
- Option: "Support for Large Block Devices"
- Variable name: LBD
- depends on X86 || (MIPS && 32BIT) || PPC32 || (S390 && !64BIT) || SUPERH || UML
- Say Y here if you want to attach large (bigger than 2TB) discs to your machine, or if you want to have a raid or loopback device bigger than 2TB. Otherwise say N.
- Option: "Support for tracing block io actions"
- Variable name: BLK_DEV_IO_TRACE
- depends on SYSFS
- select RELAY
- select DEBUG_FS
- Say Y here, if you want to be able to trace the block layer actions on a given queue. Tracing allows you to see any traffic happening on a block device queue. For more information (and the user space support tools needed), fetch the blktrace app from:
- Option: "Support for Large Single Files"
- Variable name: LSF
- depends on X86 || (MIPS && 32BIT) || PPC32 || ARCH_S390_31 || SUPERH || UML
- Say Y here if you want to be able to handle very large files (bigger than 2TB), otherwise say N.