- pyc is a compiler for python. Python has its own compiler that produces bytecode (.pyc) from .py files. This compiler does exactly the same, the only difference is the resulting files are a smaller (but 100% compatible with the standard python interpreter).
- psyco - c just in time compiler that will make your python programs run faster with no change in the source code
- IronPython - a new Python implementation targeting the .NET and Mono platforms
- jython - a python compiler for the java platform
- the python compiler to common lisp language
- Guile python compiler
Solutions:not realy a compiler Edit
- jpype an effort to allow python programs full access to java class libraries