Rankings are shown it two ways.
- the distance your site is from the first result of a search engine in a keyword search
- You can test this by your self, or use an automated service
- A ranking from one to ten of how many pages link to your site.
Automated Ranking CheckersEdit
Google and Yahoo Page Ranker: This checks all the ranking types described above for yahoo and google.
- Page Listing: Search a keyword and scan through the results until you find yours.
- What links to your Page: search in google using the following patern.
- Patern: link:www.yourPageName.org
- Example: link:http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html