Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This very simple circuit will turn off anything when you shutdown your computer. It works by using the power of the usb port to turn on a relay. When your computer is off the usb port has no power and the relay opens the circuits to the devices that are plugged in.
- 1 Relay:
- power cord and socket, you can use a power strip
- USB Cable
- Cut the usb cord, keeping the computer side long.
- i.e. cut the B-plug off
- Strip the +5 and ground wires
- the 1 and 4 wire, probable black and red. See USB pinout below
- Solder wires to the coil of the relay.
- Cut one of the power cords wires and solder one end to normally open (NO) and the other end to common.
- Designed and published by User:ZyMOS