Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Wikihowto's organizational style is simple and makes it easy to find what you are looking for.
There are three main types of pages on Wikihowto:
- Object pages
- Howto pages
- Guide pages
When using the search function on Wikihowto, the easiest way to find what you are looking for is to search for the name of the object that you are interested in, rather than trying to guess the exact name of the howtos or guides about that object.
For example, if you wanted to find a howto about finding free computer games, you would type "computer games" into the search box and press "enter" or click "go". This would take you to the object page "Computer games" which lists all the howtos and guides that are related to computer games. Each object page contains the following:
- A link to the Wikipedia definition of the object
- A list of all the howto pages that are directly related to the object
- A list of all the guides for this object
- A related objects list of links to similar objects
Howto pages Edit
Howto pages contain descriptive step-by-step instructions about how to accomplish a specific task. It could be repair instructions, a recipe, describing how to make something from everyday materials, a scientific procedure, or any other task that can be described using step-by-step instructions. Howto pages often contain photographs or diagrams to make the steps of the task easier to understand.
Guide pages Edit
A Guide page is a more general tutorial page which provides a descriptive explanation of a task with a collection of links to howtos about each portion of the task. The purpose of a guide is to help organize a complex tutorial into a format that is easy to read.
When reading pages in Wikihowto, you will notice that some words appear in a different colour, and if you click on them they take you to another page, these are called "links". On the guides and howto pages any word that is possibly of interest, is linked to an object page.
- A howto could contain the following statement with links to object pages on the keywords:
- If you didn't know what a wood dowel was you could click on the link "wood dowels" which would take you to the object page which would provide you with a link to the Wikipedia page about wood dowels. Or, if you were interested in finding out more about topics to do with birds, the object page "birds" would list all the guides and howto pages related to birds.
The system of object pages linking to howto pages and guides, and the guides and howto pages linking back to object pages, makes it easy to move around on Wikihowto and find what you need.
Information about Wikihowto:
Related to object pages:
Related to howto pages:
Related to guide pages:
Related to all kinds of pages: