Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
/proc/ contains the status of just about everything going on with your system, but the files are often hard to read
- /proc/version - kernel version
- /proc/modules - loaded kernel modules
- /proc/cpuinfo - CPU details and status
- /proc/meminfo - memory, RAM, swap, etc.
- /proc/devices - device files created by kernel in /dev/
- /etc/mtab - list of mounted devices
- /proc/partitions - list of partitions currently available for mounting
- /proc/filesystems - partion types that can be mounted by your kernel
- /proc/swaps - swap partitions
Most logs are found in /var/log/
- /var/log/messages - kernel and boot up log
- /var/log/dmesg - kernel and boot up log
- /var/log/Xorg.0.log - X Windows (x.org) log
- /var/log/emerge.log - log of packages being installed
- /var/log/emerge-fetch.log- log of packages being downloaded
- /var/lib/portage/world - list of packages install specifically by user