|Warning: This page is incomplete, use this article with caution. Please help finish it|
Developing new varieties of maize, beans, and cereals that have agronomic or other traits that are valued by both agricultural producers and end users has been a task that has been performed for millenniums. Farming has relied on seeds bred for higher yield and flavorful crops.
If you are interested in setting up a plant breeding business or organization, this is a guide to help you get started. It should help you get started, with the right equipment, setting up a workspace, techniques for organising your seeds and documenting progress.
- wikipedia:Plant breeding
- How Do I Become a Plant Breeder?
- A Career in Plant Breeding
- Your Guide to becoming a Plant Breeding Technician
- Wikipedia: Plant Breeding
- Global Partnership Initiative for Plant Breeding Capacity Building (GIPB)
- Open Plant Breeding Foundation 
- National Association of Plant Breeders (U.S.A.)
- Virtual Academy for the Semi-Arid Tropics
- Popular Plant breeding videos
- CIMMYTint's YouTube Channel 
- Dr. Roger Schank on the Future of Training, Madrid, Spain 2010 
- Crop Genebank Knowledge Base's photostream 
- One Seed at a Time: Protecting the Future of Seed
- Mr. Cary Fowler gives a TedTalk on the Svalbard Seed Vault in Norway.
- Plant Breeding Training Network
- Plant Breeding and Genomics YouTube Channel
- Plant Breeding and Genomics (Google+)
- eXtension interactive learning environment
- NC State University, Horticulture Department, Global Plant Breeding links
- Biosciences for Farming in Africa
- Luther Burbank: his methods and discoveries and their practical application 
- This is a classic. The foreword could be quoted for this wiki as it echoes the intentions of this wiki.
- However, Mr. Burbank would not be considered a geneticist, the key to his success was trying lots of different things with lots of plants and looking very carefully for differences/mutations.
- Principles of Plant Genetics and Breeding, by George Acquaah, Blackwell Publishing Ltd.(2007)
- Pg. 431 Materials, equipment and machinery for field evaluation of genotypes
- Pg. 285 Common Plant Breeding Notations
- Pg. 426 MSTAT BR series
- Khan Academy: Introduction to Heredity
- Primary School Agricultur
- Plant and Food Research
- Genebank Standards for Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture
- New Maize and Wheat Gene Bank Operations Manual 
- "DISCOVERING" by Robert Scott Root-Bernstein, ISBN: 0735100071
- See: IMP's Manual of Discovering
- Sparks of Genius: The Thirteen Thinking Tools of the World's Most Creative People by Robert S. Root-Bernstein, Michele M. Root-Bernstein
- Manjit S. Kang, "Handbook of Formulas and Software for Plant Geneticists and Breeders", (2003), Food Products Press and The Haworth Press Inc.
Plant biotechnology in Canada 
- Futures in Biotech with Marc Pelletier 
- Cultivating communities of practice: A guide to managing knowledge
- Etienne Wenger, Richard McDermott, William Snyder
- Harvard Business School Press, 2002
- The Virtual International Science & Technology Academy 
- Designer Genes portion of VISTA's Year in Health Sciences - I would like to see something similar for Plant Breeding
- Crazy Plant Shop
- Metrowerks Plant Breeding Game
- MetroWerks Learning Plant Breeding Narrated Slides
- Fantasy Seed Company: A Role Playing Game for Plant Breeding Courses
- Genetics for Kids Mini-lecture and Punnett's Square Activity
- MItchell's Maize[ http://www.pearltrees.com/paulchanceygowan/mitty-maize/id11803457]
- a collection of example videos and webpages for the creation of a realistic plant breeding simulation wrapped in a fantasy RPG.
- Communities of practice: a brief introduction by Etienne Wenger 
- Sierhuis, M. and W. J. Clancey (2002). "Modeling and Simulating Work Practice: A human-centered method for work systems design." IEEE Intelligent Systems Volume 17(5)(Special Issue on Human-Centered Computing).
- The Brahms MultiAgent Simulation Environment 
- Wikipedia:Antipatterns