This page is only kept for historical reference
Guidelines can be applied to the "problem" of any page in HowTo. The main reason to assing a guideline to a page is to define what do you expect from the solution.
What the Guidelines should contain? Edit
Guidelines should have two parts:
- Fixed: it is used to reflect what cannot be negotiated.
- Flexible: here are some suggestions that programs should follow in order to comply 100% with the ideal of the guideline.
How to apply a Guideline to a page? Edit
You can apply it in 2 ways:
- Strict: it means all the solutions must follow the guidelines strictly.
- Custom: it means solutions must follow all the guidelines in the Fixed part.
Other special ways to apply guideline were created:
- presentation: used to tell how the solutions are structured in chapters.
- descriptions: it is used to tell what comments each solution should have.